Thursday 3 May 2012

Picture Day Doesn't Always Go As Planned


This has been quite the day! 



It was School Picture Day for my kids! 



I forgot.
  

I wasn't planning on bringing my son to school because he had a bad cold, and as usual, I let the kids pick out their own clothes for the day.  We were running late, so I only ended up brushing 3/4 of my daughter's beautifully long, fine blonde hair.  As I dropped my kids off at school, I noticed all the girls were wearing cute dresses and had their hair done.  It was a nice reminder, but it was too late for me!

Slightly panicked, I ran back to the van and brought my son in.  As I was brushing my daughter's hair, the teacher was discovering (and fixing) my son's inside-out shirt!  I obsessed over my kids, straitening their hair and carrying their things for them.  I followed the line of children as they headed to the photography room, and at that point the teacher asked me to wait in the lobby.  We all know how hard it is for a teacher to have to work around the parents!  

Some parents may have gotten offended, but it is for that reason that my kids attend the school.  The teachers care for the kids.  They are brave enough to ask the parents to leave when the they are being too clingy. 

After school, as I was leaving, my best friend was arriving to get her daughter too.  I mentioned something about the pictures, and she was shocked!  She forgot too.  Only, I reminded her, at least her daughter was wearing a cute dress!! 

I find my day quite amusing...now that I am safe at home and the kids are napping.  Hope you liked it too!  Have you had a "bad" picture day?  Comment Below!



This blog was created by Rebecca Wilkins, the daughter of social media expert and freelance writer, GT Bulmer. Following in Daddy's footsteps!

Follow Rebecca on Twitter @mrs_r_wilkins

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great account of your day, Rebecca! Interesting, entertaining with humour and an honest reflection of "a day in the life" of a mom with kids.

    And great kids they are, I might add! ;)

    GT a.k.a. ... Well, YOU know! lol

    ReplyDelete